If you’re looking for a delicious way to up your “creep” factor at your Halloween Party, look no further! These Bloody White Chocolate Candy Apples are perfectly delicious and extra spooky!
Bloody White Chocolate Apples
8 gala apples (or any red crisp apple) — washed and dried completely
3 cups white chocolate candy melts
2 cups white sugar
½ cup water
1 tablespoon red food coloring
8 popsicle sticks or twigs
• Remove the stems from the apples and skewer with lollipop sticks.
• In the microwave, melt white chocolate on defrost setting for 1 minute. Stir. Heat for an additional 30 seconds if needed.
• Spoon the white chocolate over the apples and let the excess drip off.
• Allow apples to rest on parchment or wax paper-lined cookie sheet.
• While the chocolate is setting, place the sugar and water into a small saucepan. Heat over low heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Turn heat to medium and let the mixture boil until it turns a very light golden brown.
• Remove from heat and stir in red food coloring.
• Spoon the caramel over your apples and let it drip down the side for a blood-like effect.
• Let the apples cool and caramel set before serving.
For more recipes visit wineandhotdish.com!